Mason Jar Tofu Buffalo Tacos Recipe — Take your tacos on the go for a perfectly portable vegetarian lunch or dinner!
We interrupt your regularly scheduled WIAW for the ever most important recipe instead. TACOS!
So put on your sombrero, pass the tequila, and let’s get down for a Recipe Redux par-tay this month!
February 21 is a Tuesday. So show us your healthy, creative take on the taco!
Okay, so it may be Wednesday, but is there ever REALLY a bad time for a taco? I think not.
A while back, I shared some buffalo tofu tacos I made for lunch on insta, but never actually got around to making it
..They may have been warm weather prayers, but maybe I just need to work on my dance moves. I will gladly take anyone up on a trip to Mexico or really any warm weather location in exchange for tofu tacos and a partner in tequila shot crime.
I LOVE corn tortillas, especially for tacos and fajitas.
…That is until the exact second when I attempt to shovel it into my face, and end up with a lap full of guac and flaming hot fajitas when it proceeds to fall apart. Putting them in a jar not only makes them portable AND anti-crumble protected. Jar life for….well like life.
- 1 block firm tofu, drained
- ¼ cup buffalo or hot sauce
- 6 corn tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salad greens
- additional toppings (avocado, salsa, black beans, roasted corn, jalapenos, etc)
- 3 mason jars
- Crumble tofu into a large skillet set over medium heat.
- Cook until browned and heated through.
- Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce. Set aside.
- Use the lid of a mason jar to cut tortillas into rounds.
- Layer tofu, greens, cheese, tortilla, and additional toppings evenly in mason jars.
- When serving, remove lid and microwave for 45 seconds, or until heated through and cheese is melted, or eat room temperature.
You May Also Like:
Make it a great day!