‘Ello my jingle jangle frands!
Can you believe it’s already December?! And only..
22 DAYS ‘TIL CHRISTMAS?!?!
I’ve bought one gift, which is a stocking stuffer sooo it’s really only like 1/8 of a gift. At least I have my dashboard Santa to remind me what the holidays are all about.
…as I curse traffic and fight soccer moms for parking spaces at Target. I love the holidays.
FOOD. Music. THEN food.
Music is a big motivator for me, especially when it comes to running. I told you with my half recap that I’d be coming back for a couple more installments, and first up is my tunes!
- Sufjan Stevens – Romulus – A soft & slow tune to start me off nice and easy. Love the banjo rifts at the beginning as well.
- Jessie Baylin – Little Spark – Another slower song, but the lyrics speak mountains to what I am feeling at this point in my life. It helps that her voice is amazing as well.
- Coldplay – Strawberry Swing – Coldplay is featured on my running playlists very frequently, but this is one of my all time favorites by them.
- SoS Band – Take Your Time Do It Right – An oldie, but always puts me in a good mood. And seemed like a fitting title for a race.
- Birthday – Katy Perry – For when it’s time to bring out the big. Big. BIG. Ba-lloons.
- Coldplay – Sky Full of Stars – Told ya I liked Coldplay. Actually reminds me of France after hearing it non-stop there.
- David Guetta – Where Them Girls At – Nothing like some Flo Rida and Nicki to get your as$ movin!
- Ke$ha – C’mon – If Ke$ha’s telling you to come on, well you just have to oblige. Side note: do you think her name is spelled with a $ on her birth certificate?
- Walk The Moon – Tightrope – The beat in this song always helps me check my pace. I should NOT be running slower than that.
- Calvin Harris & Ne-yo – Let’s Go – It’s now or never, oh oh ohhh! Some good old pump up tunes.
- Charli XCX – Boom Clap (aeroplane remix) – Love this song even more when it’s remixed to some more dubstep tunes.
- Lana Del Ray– Young & Beautiful (Cedric Gervais remix) – Same as above. Fist pump approved.
- Coldplay – Every Teardrop is a Waterfall – Oh hey! More CP. Big surprise.
- Cash Cash – Overtime – Time to put some OT on this biiitc…run.
- Rihanna – We Found Love – MY JAM! Rihanna just makes me break out into my signature dance move. Play it for me and you’ll find out.
- Britney Spears – Break the Ice (bugzzz remix) – Bringing back the Brit with another ra-ra-REEEEMMMIIIIXXXX! (*cue obnoxious train horn)
- Katy Perry – Roar – Hellooo motivation!
- Flux Pavillion – I Can’t Stop – I literally can’t stop when this song comes on.
- Florence & the Machine – Dog Days Are Over – Run fast for your mother. Fast for your father. Done Flo.
- Jamie N Commons & X Ambassadors – Jungle – This song just makes me feel like such a badas$. Like I should be running through a hail storm.
- Rilo Kiley – Pictures of Success – One of my all time favorites. “These are times that can’t be weathered.”
- Disclosure feat. Sam Smith – Latch – I don’t get tired of this song. So catchy.
- Michael Jackson – A Place With No Name – A catchy tune release by the King himself.
- Ellie Goulding – Burn – Another great motivator.
- Cash Cash – Take Me Home – Usually the last song on my playlists to..ya know take me home.
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Sweet Home Alabama – The first song in my dedication section. For Papa John who has been my fitness buddy.
- Robin S – Show Me Love – A tribute to MJ and just makes you want to dance..or not stop running at mile 10.
- Of Monsters & Men – Mountain Sound – A shout out to my soul roomie from the South that I miss each day. WE WERE NOTHING LIKE THE REST!
- Icona Pop – All Night – And for miss Hannah. I only wish I felt I could run all night at this point.
- Travis Tritt – It’s A Great Day To Be Alive – To my far away best friend since we used to howl this song out of car windows during the summer.
- Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette – Hello – A tribute to my blonde partner in crime, Katie Aftermath
- The Weepies – Can’t Go Back Now – A shout out to my best girlfrand, Hillary. And some optimizing for the race.
- Drake – Too Much – A nod to my brother (who works for Drake). I can’t help but rap along.
- Neil Young – Cinnamon Girl – And to my other brother who would blare this on our summer car trips.
- Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London – A tribute to the race itself, Wolf Hollow (get it?!) for sponsoring my race registration.
- The Temper Trap – Sweet Disposition – “My song” I just love it. And came on right in time for me to push through.
Hope you enjoy some new tunes!
Now let’s get down to some food for WIAW!
I managed to snap a picture before polishing off the rest of my 3 egg omelet with stuffed with some of the pesto I made with Lee’s recipe. Followed by some decaf coffee once I got to work.
Lunch was a spinach salad with cottage cheese drizzled with olive oil.
and some cucumber wedges with plain Greek yogurt, and a carrot with homemade sunflower seed butter. So satisfying!
Dinner was kept classy & the most unappealing with homemade pea soup and one of my salmon patties topped with more pesto and served on a tupperware lid. #ohyouthinkyoursofancy
Followed up with a cup of green tea & couple of my beloved pb-covered carrots.
and the only way I know how many days are left ’til Christmas. All while watching Elf.
Thanks again miss Jenn for hosting!
Make it a great day!
Have you starting Christmas shopping yet?
Any good snack ideas out there?