Ga-hood morning suga’ pop. Cupcake. Pumpy-kins. Sugar-coated gummity gum drops. You know me, just giving out pet names on a Monday morning. Do you think peanut butter coated carrots will ever catch on as a term of endearment?
Whelp, another day another weekend. I don’t remember asking for Saturday and Sunday to be shortened. Why you go by so fast?! I’ll change out of my pouty pants and into my PARTY pants now. Unless of course pouty pants look like these because I would set up shop in these babies for a couple of forevers.
The first half of my Saturday was spent prepping the ‘ish out of some food. Roasting some spaghetti squash, secret recipe development, and roasting off some b-nut squash for an unknown application as of yet. Sorry for all of those on IG who answered cheddar cheese to my question…
Some grass cutting and basil potting action also ensued. Cross your twigs I don’t sunburn the crap out of this plant like I did with my last one.
Oh yeah, and I almost forgot to mention some epic strawberry pie for my date night.
But not before some speed work at the local track. My first speed work in a long time left my legs feeling lean and limber – Said no one ever. Maybe it’s just me but I don’t think I’m cut out to be a track star.
I was too chicken to actually attempt the hurdle so I thought I would fake it next to it. Well good thing since I’m pretty sure half my face would still be on the track at this moment. I swear it is about 4 feet high instead of the baby gate it looks like.
…And by date night I meant watching Frozen with my best gal friend.
I think her comment says it all. But Frozen was just as cute as everyone made it out to be. I could relate to Ella, since my hands and feet are always freezing. I feel bad for the poor fella who has the duty of warming up my frigid feet. Little does he know that he risks the chance of frostbite with every game of footsie.
Here’s a quick and dirty recipe if you want to make some of this festive Strawberry pie. I hear it helps in the relationship department 😉
- ½ container gluten-free pie dough
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, washed and halved
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 envelope plain gelatin
- 1½ Tbsp corn starch
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray glass pie dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Roll pie dough out in between two sheets of parchment paper and transfer to pie dish.
- Poke bottom of pie shell with a fork and bake 30 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add ⅓ of prepared strawberries to a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Add strawberry puree, sugar, salt, gelatin, and corn starch to a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil for 2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in the remaining strawberries and transfer to pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, and serve with whipped cream.
Sunday comprised of a flea market trip followed by a bike ride with Papa John and Lisa.
Besides my legs feeling like wet concrete at the end, the weather was gorgeous and ice cream happened. Not low-carb, but I think 25 miles and the fact that I am human deemed me worthy of a scoop of orange creamsicle. And the invitation to do absolutely nothing for the rest of the day. It was awesome.
Make it a great day!
What’s your favorite type of berry?
If you could wear sweatpants to work every day, would you?