This Gluten Free Chex Mix Recipe is a seriously addicting party snack that everyone will enjoy! Love the smokey and salty combo.
Hey guys! I have a fun & exciting Friday post for y’all just in time for the big game! Once every one gets over the whole cheating scandal. Are we watching football or the Kardashians here people?!
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m an Indy fan, and would love to see them crush Seattle rather than the Pats, but the deed is did and done so let’s just eat some wings and scream at the TV screen okay?!
Unless you’re like me and don’t partake in the gnawing of bones and flesh. Or did I mean eating chicken wings?
You could get your buffalo fix with a platter of my Buffalo Sweet Potato Fries, or you could dig into this bowl of pure addiction.
Remember how I told you the taste of smokey things reminds me eating a grill? Whelp..that was before I met Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds. All this part mix..in my face.
I really wish the game was this weekend, because this whole 10 servings thing is moving some decimal places. That means 1…aka I can’t stop eating this for all you non Calculus peeps.
Since I forgot to mention the stats and deets last time, I couldn’t neglect to enlighten you on this lightened recipe. Oh you think you’re so punny now don’t you?!
Sinful Nutrition Stats:
-Good source of fiber
-Lower in calories
8! 56! Nebraska! Mambo Number 5! HIIIKKKEEE!!! (that means here’s the recipe)
- 5 cups corn chex cereal
- 2 cups gluten-free pretzels
- ¼ cup olive oil, or melted coconut oil
- 1½ tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1½ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 can (6 oz) Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- Combine cereal and pretzels in a large, microwave-safe bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings.
- Pour sauce over cereal mixture, and stir lightly with rubber spatula to coat evenly.
- Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Stir in almonds, and spread mixture on baking sheet to cool.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
Excuse me while I have a suuuuper bowl of party mix all to ma self. 😉
Make it a great day!
Do you have any plans for the big game?
What’s your favorite game day snack?