5 Minute Homemade Hummus Recipe — The easiest hummus you’ll ever make. No oil or tahini required!
Are you ready for the best recipe of the year?!
..so far, because it’s been like 4 days. Start ’em strong.
We’re going back to basics for starters, and it just happens to be one of the recipes I make very mostest.
HUMMUS! Quite possible the easiest and out of this world amazing hummus of all time. ALL TIME!
A big ‘ol can of chickpeas holds the secret ingredient that makes this homemade hummus recipe oil and tahini-free, and praising hands emoji awesome.
That sweet bean nectar of the gods! ..Otherwise known as aquafaba for those who are culinarily fluent. Either way, a buck and some change is all that stands between you and a pound of spreadable, edible chickpea HE-AV-EN.
- 1 (28 oz) can low-sodium chickpeas
- ⅓ - ½ cup liquid from chickpea can
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Drain and rinse chickpeas, reserving 1 cup of bean liquid.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add chickpeas, garlic, salt, pepper, and ⅓ cup of bean liquid.
- Blend on high for 30 seconds, and scrape down sides of bowl.
- Continue blending, adding additional liquid if needed until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl, and serve
Feel free to mix it up, put whatever herbs, spices, flavorings you like in it. Some of my favorites include
- lemon juice
- hot sauce
- chili powder
And you’ll quickly see how this hummus becomes the poster child for New Year’s weight loss. It’s usually down to a size 0 in less than a week. I’d like to think I play a crucial role in it’s success.
Make it a great day!
You might also like:
What recipe do you make the most often?
Favorite kind of hummus?