Chocolate Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls Recipe — A sweet treat made with no refined sugar or oil. Warning: These never last too long, so be prepared to make a double batch!
Morning loves! How was was your weekend?
Do anything fun?
How’d ya sleep?!
Moving right along then..
How about waking up to one of these babies!
Okay, so not exactly the epitome of a healthy breakfast, but it sure beats the pants off a cinnamon roll, or pop-tart since it has PEANUT BUTTAH!
This can all be yours for only three low payments peanut butter jars! plus shipping & handling of come to my house and get you one.
So I know the title implies that these precious rubies are in fact spherical, but after having their circular little bodies fall apart in my hands, leaving me with chocolate peanut butter paws, that I was forced to devour (don’t worry they were cleaned afterwards. Don’t get your Servsafe up in a bunch), they became…
a square. But popcorn square just doesn’t have that same carny fair ring to it, so despite its facelift, the name stuck.
I was inspired by Megan’s peanut butter rice krispie treats, and decided to swap out the snap, krackle, pop for one of my favorite nighttime snack of the past.
That’s popcorn if you’re wondering. Because peanut butter will NEVER be a thing of the past for me, unless it’s an empty jar.
And I added chocolate, because….. it’s chocolate. So there’s that.
- 6 cups air popped popcorn
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment or wax paper. Set aside.
- Pop popcorn kernels in air popper, or on stove top. Set aside.
- Heat honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until it starts to boil.
- Turn off heat and add peanut butter.
- Stir until melted and combined. Let cool 2 minutes.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn. Stir to coat evenly.
- Add in chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Transfer popcorn mixture to prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Press down firmly and evenly, and store in refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Remove, and slice into 9 squares.
I’ve decided to try a new little thing here on the blog, and since it IS called Sinful Nutrition, I wanted to include what makes each recipe a bit healthier than the original. So here’s the stats on how my chocolate peanut butter popcorn balls stack up to either a rice krispie treat OR a regular popcorn ball.
Sinful Nutrition Stats:
-Higher in fiber
-Lower in carbs
-No refined sugars
-Higher in protein
One little “oop! this little piece fell off. NOM NOM NOM” turned into breaking “tiny” pieces off until I polished off half the pan. Okay maybe not half, but it is seriously addicting!
And so much better than balls. Did I just say that?
See all of the delicious eats I’ve whipped up by visiting me over on Pinterest!
Make it a great day!
What’s one thing on your wish list this year?
What’s your favorite nighttime snack?