Baked Falafel Pizza with Lemon Tahini Tzatziki — This healthy dinner recipe will change your falafel life! Served pizza-style topped with fresh veggies and herbs, and a creamy tzatziki sauce.
Falafel it to me.
You feel me? Or do you falaFEEL me?!
Back in my vegetarian days, I would house my fair share of falafel.
The cilantro. Spicy chickpeas. Warm pita. But that tzatziki sauce……
Eat me garbanzo bean heart out.
Name me one food that isn’t better in pizza form, and I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. Do monkey’s HAVE uncles? And if so, how did they get roped into this deal? I digress, pizza is good in every and all forms.
So I knew when I saw the recipe contest for Siggi’s cookbook, pizza, falafel, and creamy tzatziki needed VIP ticket to this flavor party. Who wants in?!
This recipe is an entry into a contest hosted by siggi’s. I was not compensated for my time.
- For Falafel:
- 1 (28 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup diced red onion
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- ½ cup fresh cilantro
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- chopped red onion
- chopped tomato
- chopped cucumber
- chopped fresh cilantro
- crumbled feta
- prepared tzatziki sauce
- For Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1 (6 ounce) container plain Siggi's skyr, or plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ English cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- For Falafel:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add all falafel ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse 10-12 times, until mixture is combined, but not completely smooth.
- Grease a large oven-safe skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour falafel mixture into pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until falafel is golden brown and crispy around edges.
- For tzatziki sauce:
- Deseed and chop cucumber.
- Strain excess water by squeezing in hands or with a cheesecloth.
- Add cucumber and remaining ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- To serve, top falafel pizza with chopped vegetables, herbs, feta cheese, and tzatziki sauce.
- Cut into wedges, and serve with spatula.
Make it a great day!
Are you a falafel fan?
Falafel or pizza? Or team falafel pizza (raising my hand right hurrr)